CPFUMC

News and views of the First United Methodist Church in Cross Plains, Texas

Monday, April 03, 2006

BUILDING PROGRESS

I got back from Austin Sunday afternoon and had to get second-hand report on the meeting on the church building by the congregation. Jim Senkel chauffered Janice, Sharon Pope and me to the meeting of the Conference on preacher's pensions held in Comanche. They told me about the congregation agreeing on the floor plans for the church and on selecting Hyde as the builder on the parsonage. The final cost of the parsonage is waiting for the change to a metal roof and the final decision on the use of copper tubing under the slab for the water system.
Jim told me that the Building committee is meeting Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. and my finance committee Wednesday night. So we will be busy again this week getting the construction started.
Charles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home