CPFUMC

News and views of the First United Methodist Church in Cross Plains, Texas

Monday, July 03, 2006

LET'S COMMUNICATE

Rev. Wallace Bennett, chair of the communications committee, said that they met and want to have more input to this Blog. I encourage everyone to sign up to post to the blog. Right now we have Judy Porter, Sharon Pope and Rev. Senkel who have done so. However none of us have posted lately and we should be communicating better. Of course I send a lot of email to my FUMC mailing list so that I don't republish here. Maybe I should because this can be read by others than our members.

The way this thing works, I have to approve you to be able to post. However anyone can submit a comment when they read a post. That comment comes to me to approve for posting and I have never turned down a comment. ( I have only received a couple.) I will give permission to any member who wants permission to post. Just email me and let me know.

As I said in my last message with the minutes of the Building Committee sent to my FUMC mailing list I am very encouraged about the progress on the church. We have engineers designing the metal building, the foundation and the mechanical/electrical/plumbing and will have specs to permit accurate bids by subcontractors in a week or so. We need to choose a contractor/construction manager to put it all together and start construction, if we can afford the now completed design.

I missed the Independence Day celebration at the Dillards. But Lou and I are really blessed by having our daughter, son-in-law and a granddaughter here. Today they are cleaning windows on our house and anyone who has seen our many windows can appreciate having that job done.

Sunday school and church attendance was small this last Sunday, but when the holiday is over, maybe more will come back to church. If you have quit coming, this is to let you know we miss you!

Charles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home