CPFUMC

News and views of the First United Methodist Church in Cross Plains, Texas

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

FOOD PANTRY UPDATE

I have neglected my updates as Charles reminded me. We are still giving food to some of the fire victims. We supply food for an estimated 40 families a month, which includes the fire victims. This month Curtis Cooper donated a whole hog to us and Frankie Hyles donated the processing. The US Post Office did a food drive for us on Saturday, May 13, and we received 530 pounds of food from that. Today, May 16, we received food and paper goods from the citizens of Crane which was brought to us by Keith Coburn whose brother Charles lives there. They wanted to help the fire victims and it was channeled through the food pantry. I will be attending mandatory training in Abilene on Wednesday, May 24, to learn new requirements that we must meet. I am hoping some of the volunteers will go with me. We still need paper sacks so please ask for them at the grocery stores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home