CPFUMC

News and views of the First United Methodist Church in Cross Plains, Texas

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

LIGHT IN THE TUNNEL

I am still looking for the light at the end of the tunnel, but last night we got it turned on. The Building Committee agreed to the last change in the plans, agreed on who will represent us when we start building, agreed to present the plans to the District Board on Buildings, etc., set a date for a Church Charge Conference to approve the building and started working on a contract. This means that we could possibly (if the church agrees) start construction work by February 1. There are still some twists and turns in the tunnel, but I am again my optimistic self. I believe we can afford to build the church with enough paved parking to start and clear the lot for overflow parking on the grass(?) until we can pave a larger lot. We should have a beautiful new church with classrooms inside.

Hallelujah!

NOTE: If you click on the comment button, a pop-up screen will let you post a comment that will come to me to approve. I will approve them all. If you wish to post to the blog yourself, email me and I will authorize you. Currently, Rev. Senkel, Judy Porter, and Sharon Pope are authorized. Blogspot has been taken over by Google so you might have to create a Google user name to log on for your posts. Charles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home