CPFUMC

News and views of the First United Methodist Church in Cross Plains, Texas

Sunday, July 01, 2007

After the rain





Well, this is my first 'official' entry to the blog, Mike and I have been in CP for almost three weeks. It's rained almost three weeks, which has delayed some things like the yard and the foundation on the church, but almost everyone's ponds are full and most people got their hay in before the storms. We have much to be thankful for!

I have a million thank you notes to get out! People have been so kind and gracious - and fed us till we can eat no more! It's not just the food we enjoy though; it's the will-do, can-do attitude. Face it, you're just exceptional people! Intelligent, fun, and serious about your faith!

Cross Plains FUMC is not the place for 'church lite' but a place where people are earnestly seeking the 'next step' in faith. It's an interesting place to be, and I feel honored to be the pastor. Like I've said a few times, I'm not sure what I did to get this premo appointment, but I'm pretty happy about it. (Mike is too!)

Here are a few pictures from the latest 'pour'. Q. How many contractors does it take to pour a sanctuary floor? A. Plenty and some BIG trucks too!

Well, time to run to Sunday Night Bible Study - more people should come to this - Phyllis is really good!
TTFN! - Margaret

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Rodenberger said...

I give up. What is TTFN?

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home