CPFUMC

News and views of the First United Methodist Church in Cross Plains, Texas

Friday, April 06, 2007

MAUNDY THURSDAY SERVICE

For the first time in many years Lou and I are not attending the Texas Folklore Society that meets the weekend before Easter. Therefore I got to attend my first Maundy Thursday service. This was after the Kiwanis pancake supper that should never have been scheduled on Maundy Thursday. Its a good thing that Richard Chaffin isn't here to see Holy Week being defiled. But he would have been proud to see me in church. I learned some new things. I wasn't familiar with the "stripping" part of the service. Also I don't think that Christ took communion by intinction, but I am really old fashioned. I still think communion bread should be tortillas because it is unleavened bread required for a seder meal. I am apologetic that I will miss the service tonight. But hopefully, the Lord willing, I will make Easter service.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come no one ever complains that Jesus did not really drink grape juice?
I would also bet that all the disciples actually drank after each other out of the same cup, but nowadays you couldn't get anyone to do that either.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Dr. Rodenberger said...

Because Rhonda is worship leader and choir director and treasurer, I have asked her to join as an author of the blog.
Charles

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home