CPFUMC

News and views of the First United Methodist Church in Cross Plains, Texas

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Up Goes The Steeple











Yesterday morning several of us gathered on the lawn of the church to watch the installation of the steeple. Something about having the steeple on the building changed how I feel about it. I never saw the old church, never worshiped in it, and my first 'view' of the new church was a set of building plans and a pile of dirt.
I've watched the building go up and I know in my head it's a church. We've worshiped in the sanctuary (once) and I've walked thru the building almost every day, praying for us, the building, the community and the workers but something about having the steeple on the building really spoke volumes to my heart - it's a church and it's our church.
Last night I could see the steeple from my backyard, this morning I could see the steeple in the dark from my porch. What a neat thing - can't wait until more is done!

Enjoy the pictures! I have a video of the complete installation if you want to borrow it, but here is a sample clip or two.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home