CPFUMC

News and views of the First United Methodist Church in Cross Plains, Texas

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

CHURCH CONFERENCE

It has been an interesting week. A week ago I was iced in and couldn't get to church, but 10 hardy souls came. The ice continued and cancelled meetings all week, so that Sunday was a very busy day. Sunday School, Church, pot-luck dinner, BridgeBuilders report by Dr. Breihan, a workshop on mission, vision and goals and for me a PPR meeting so that I got home after 6 p.m. I even missed my afternoon nap!

Monday was a successful day with Rev. Senkel, Curtis Cooper and me meeting with the new District Superintendent, Rev. Olney, at the District office in Brownwood where the District Board on Land and Buildings approved our plans for a new church building. We will have our postponed meeting of the Finance Committee and Administrative Council this Wednesday to prepare for the Church Conference on Sunday after services for the church members to approve the new building plans and financing.

Jean McWilliams has asked me to prepare a financial statement and budget that will show just where we stand in a way that is easy to understand. I doubt that I can please everyone, but will try really hard to explain how I see our situation. I have been looking at our financial reports and realized that we were not showing all the funds that we have received for the fire that we then distributed to others in CP and Kokomo. Rhonda will rework the accounts to better reflect what has occurred. She works harder than anyone I know for our church with all her service in worship and keeping the books. She is gaining many stars in her crown.

Please tell everyone who doesn't have a computer about the Church Conference and encourage everyone to pray about and participate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home