CPFUMC

News and views of the First United Methodist Church in Cross Plains, Texas

Thursday, March 01, 2007

MISSION ACTIVITIES

Since my ears were burning, I decided I better post to this blog.

The Food Pantry is very busy these days. We are serving an average of 40-45 families a month. Donations of food and money still continue to come in. We are having to buy some food every month to suppliment our groceries. Luckily we have not had to purchase meat. That luxury may be coming to an end soon. The local locker plant is in the process of being sold. They have been donating unclaimed meat to the local pantry.

Betty Browning of New Mexico called me recently to ask if I would take over her longtime project of making needlepoint nameplates for those in the Rising Star Nursing Center. Her eyesight is getting too bad to continue this project. Of course, I said I would. I contacted Mandi Sowell, Outreach Chairperson, and offered this project to her committee. I, along with other committee members will help her do this. There are 40 people in the nursing home now, up from 32 when my mother went to live there. They all enjoy visits. So if you have any spare time...go and visit those in the nursing home.

Our "ladies night out" will be meeting Wednesday, March 7th, at 7pm in the Presbyterian Church basement. Phyllis Harris and Connie Swift are in charge of the program and refreshments this month. There were 21 ladies at the first meeting. What a fun time we had. Come join us the first Wednesday night of each month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home